The dynamic host service allows you to give your objects a URL that does not change over the course of time. With this service, objects are accessed with their key. If your object’s key is 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000001, then your objects URL will be:
There are two things you need to do to use the service.
- Register your objects URL
- Requests are sent to http://services.lewismoten.com/sl/dynamic-host/register
- The method must be POST
- The paramter “url” must be supplied with the url to your object in-world.
- Handle a ping request
- The x-path-info header will be “/ping”
- Respond with the text, “pong”
- Send a status code of 200
- Keep your URL’s synchronized with the service
- When the region is restarted
- When the object changes regions
- When the object acquires a new owner
- When the object is first placed into the world
- When the object changes state
That’s it! Here is a script that will get you started.